The Department of General Medicine of PRATHIMA Hospitals is the medical specialty that involves diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases in all aspects of a patient’s general health care especially of adults, as our highly skilled physicians are experts in managing patients with multi-system disease processes. The department of General Medicine has an out-patient service, in-patient ward, emergency services, and special medicine wing.
There are no hands to the clock for the services rendered by the physicians of the internal medicine as they always take patient conditions seriously and treat ill conditions as patients require more complex diagnosis and investigations. Our physicians do a major part of their work at the hospital, by working with subspecialty units of Infectious diseases, Immunisation, Rheumatology, Immigrant Health, and Clinical Pharmacology helps to optimize the care we provide to our patients.
The department of General Medicine is equipped with the latest modern infrastructure and equipment as it helps to manage a wide range of metabolic and lifestyle disorders of a patient no matter how simple or complex they may be.
We are trained to care for patients with the multi-system disease and work closely with specialists by incorporating their advice in developing and implementing a treatment plan for patients with more complex medical problems and provide appropriate treatment for better well-being.
- Care for patients with symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain, abdominal pain, back pain, etc.
- Care for patients with chronic medical issues such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, emphysema, etc.
- Comprehensive management of medical needs for hospitalized patients
- Disease prevention and health promotion
- Providing Complete and appropriate assessment in the discipline
The conditions we treated by mutually coordinating with other sub-specialties and the cases we mostly treat are
- Allergy and Immunology (immune system)
- Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Disease (heart and vascular system)
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism (other glandular and metabolic disorders)
- Gastroenterology (gastrointestinal system and liver)
- Hematology (blood)
- Infectious Disease (viral, fungal, bacterial and parasitic infections)
- Nephrology (kidneys)
- Pulmonary Disease (lungs and respiratory system)
- Rheumatology (joints and musculoskeletal system)
- Palliative care
Department of Internal Medicine at Prathima Hospitals provides extensive primary care for an outpatient and to hospitalized patients suffering from a wide range of diseases. Our internal medicine department also treats the most commonly observed infectious diseases like
- Common Cold
- Diarrhea and other gastrointestinal problems
- Drug overdose and poisoning
- DVT/pulmonary embolism
- Common infections such as pneumonia, cystitis, and pyelonephritis
- Acid-base, fluid and electrolyte balance
- Seizure disorders
- Bleeding disorders
- Geriatric Medicine (diseases of old people)
- Common peripheral nerve disorders
- Side effects of treatment like drug toxicities
- Resuscitation and Management of the critically ill-patient
General Medical Care of our hospitals provide speciality services to an adult patient through
- O.P.D (Out Patient Department)
- Specialty Clinic (Diabetes, Hypertension and infectious diseases)
- I.P.D (In-Patient Department)
Dr. Madhan Mohan
Consultant ER Physician