Children, and more specifically neonates, need tender care. Timely management of disorders during early childhood helps them grow into healthy and fit adolescents. The department of Paediatrics & Neonatology at PRATHIMA is a sophisticated, well-equipped department with dedicated specialists and highly experienced consultants available round-the-clock. The department has dedicated PICU and NICU managed by intensivists, neonatologists and paediatricians.
Key Conditions Treated
- Congenital malformations: Lymphangioma, cleft lip and palate, oesophageal atresia and trache-oesophageal fistula, hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, intestinal atresia, necrotising enterocolitis, meconium plugs, Hirschprung’s disease, imperforate anus, undescended testes
- Abdominal wall defects: Omphalocele, gastroschisis, hernias
- Chest wall deformities: Pectus excavatum
- Food allergies, milk allergies, lactose intolerance
- Spina bifida
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Aortic valve disease
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Congenital renal malformations
- Chiari malformation
- To ensure the continued well-being of children, we offer routine laboratory and radiography investigations along with consultation in Paediatrics, ENT, Ophthalmology and Dentistry by our in-house specialist doctors.
- The department carries out the recommended immunisation schedule. We also educate parents on growth and development monitoring including counselling on nutrition for children.
Technology & Facilities
- Well Baby clinics: Growth monitoring and vaccination
- NICU: With Level-1, Level-11, Level-Ill and Isolation care
- PICU: With round-the-clock intensivists and support staff
Dr. Hanumantha Rao